Умер Peter Freebry

Задавайте и общайтесь по всем вопросам, которые не вошли в другие форумы

Модераторы: sanya_rms, Serg

Умер Peter Freebry

Сообщение NEFTO » Чт дек 03, 2015 18:38

From: sympa@listserver.fai.org [mailto:sympa@listserver.fai.org] On Behalf Of Bob Brown
Sent: 02 December 2015 16:08
To: Srdjan Pelagic
Cc: CIAM Bureau Email List; CIAM Delegates List; CIAM Space Models
Subject: Re: [ciam-info-l] A sad news - Peter Freebrey (GBR), former 1st CIAM VP has passed away
The Membership of the Academy of Model Aeronautics offers sincere condolences to the Freebrey family. Peter will long be remembered as a true aero modeler.
Bob Brown
President, Academy of Model Aeronautics.
On Dec 2, 2015, at 4:50 AM, Srdjan Pelagic <srdjan.pelagic@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear CIAM Bureau member,
Dear CIAM Delegates and
Dear Spacemodellers
I have received yesterday a sad news that one of pioneers of aero and spacemodelling Peter Freebrey (GBR), former 1st CIAM Vice President, has passed away on 4th November 2015 at his 77 year. He died quietly at home following several years of declining health. Peter leaves his wife Fran, son Philip, daughter Susan and three grandchildren,
I met Peter for the first time at the 1st World Championships for Space Models in 1972 in Vrsac (former Yugoslavia, now Serbia) where he became vice-champion. Next time in 1974 in Nova Dubnica (Czechoslovakia) he took the first place and became the SM World Champion.
Before getting interest in spacemodelling he already had a remarkable career in aeromodelling . He became CIAM F2 SC Chairman in 1972 and held this position next four years. Peter continued his cowork with CIAM for years and in 1986 he was elected the CIAM 1st VP and he successfully held this post till 1991.
We, older aero/spacemodellers shall keep Peter as an excellent friend in our memories for ever. For all those who had no pleasure to meet Peter I attach an orbituary prepared by his friend John Wheddon and associates former GBR NAC SM team members.
I believe Peter Freebrey, by all his many years long activity in CIAM and international contribution to aero/spacemodelling shall deserve several moments of silence at the beginning of the CIAM Bureau Meeting, which begins tomorrow in WAG in Dubai.
May our friend Peter Freebry rest in peace in the blue skys.
Srdjan Pelagic
CIAM Space Models SC Chairman
and NAC Serbia delegate to CIAM
<Peter Freebrey FSMAE.doc>
Станет мертвой техника без нас, Без ГОРЮЧЕГО не полетит ракета и танкист не выполнит приказ.
NEFTO
Мега-эксперт

Вернуться в Разное